Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Create with these colors (a challenge)...


Navy, Red, Cream, and Kraft.

In my recent over-zealous cleaning rampages, I have been throwing out a LOT of old, damaged, dated, faded, weird holiday decorations.  That means it's time to make some new ones! Just in time for Scrap It Girl's July Challenge, which is to create a project using the colors--red, cream, navy blue, and kraft.  

I took a 9" x 11" canvas, painted it cream and splattered it with red and navy paint. Then, I added star die-cuts cut from scraps of red and blue paper. 


Lastly, I added my new addiction...burlap paper from DCWV.  I am VERY quickly going through my 6" x 6" stack--better get some more!  With some die-cut "star spangled" letters and few small wood stars from Unique Laser Designs, my canvas is ready for hanging!

Next, remember this pic from last week?  I hinted as to what the shape is that my favorite die makes...

 This Tim Holtz long Sizzix Thinlit makes Mini Paper Rosettes!

It makes perfect rosettes, and believe me, I have tried to accordion fold strips of paper on my own and have gotten a rosette that is well...not a rosette.  It looks like my paper fans did when I was a kid---precise folding is not my forte'.


These rosettes are great on cards and banners...and here they are on a patriotic card where I used a WeR flag stamp.  Oh beautiful...

~Kelly

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment