Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Create with honesty...






What could be more honest, than a layout about 
George Washington?  






I used Tim Holtz Distress Stains (walnut for the tree, wild honey for the fence, and picket fence for the polaroid frame) to color these wood embellishments from Unique Laser Designs.  This method of coloring maintains the natural beauty of the wood without covering it up.  I added some red bling to complete my cherry tree, but then I really didn't feel like I needed to add anything else.  This was such a simple time in history, I didn't want to add too much.


The layout is very loosely based on one I saw in the most recent Close to My Heart catalog.  I added my own style with the wood embellishments and surprise---my version has a lot more photos!


~Kelly

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment