Monday, March 31, 2014

Create "hoppiness"...


I cannot stop playing with these wood shapes from Unique Laser Designs.  This is a new company and I am so excited to share that I am now one of their Design Team members! They keep adding new shapes to their site and I keep adding to my long wish-list!

My birthday present to myself (actually I used a gift card, so I guess it was a true birthday present), was to buy a giant set of Gelatos. I blame Linda Barutha (of Linnie Blooms fame) for this new addiction.  If you haven't played with them--they are blendable, soft, pastel crayon sticks.  How is that for an explanation?
So, I scribbled with the Gelatos on this wood tag.  














  Then, added some water and blended.


Next, I used this honeycomb stencil from Unique Laser Designs and spritzed my own mixture of pearl white paint and water.

It created the coolest background for this tag decoration!


I added some bunnies and a picket fence (all from Unique Laser Designs) along with some dried flowers and grassy ribbon.  These wood shapes are SO versatile.  The Gelatos blended and sit so fabulously on the wood background, and I used just straight white Gelato (no water) on the fence.  The bunnies are colored with Distress Ink, Distress Stain, and a Copic marker.  The natural grain of the wood is so beautiful, I like to let it show through sometimes.


Well, I have neglected housework and some family members long enough tonight, but you are going to see me playing with these wood shapes from Unique Laser Designs a lot---like I needed a new crafty addiction!
~Kelly

Pin It




No comments:

Post a Comment