Monday, January 20, 2014

Create something new...

 
 
I was so busy being all "hearts" and "Valentine-y" last week, that I forgot to post my "ONE little WORD" for 2014.  As you might have guessed from the titles of my last two posts, my word is "CREATE".  I pondered many words and at first I thought I wanted something very powerful and full of strength (because Lord knows I need some power and strength lately), but I liked the versatility of "create" and what it means for myself, my feelings, and my art.
 
One of my first new adventures in 2014, is to join a Facebook group started by Kelly Hoernig, called "art aMUSEment".  It is a 52 week challenge to create a card (I'm using old math flashcards) following the prompt that we are given each week. I can't wait til Mondays to find out what each week's "word" is.  This last week, it was "artist", and I chose to imitate Georgia O'Keefe's art with a large flower and a quote from her.  The flower stamp is from Unity and I love it's simplicity and elegance.
 
 
 
 
The first week, our word prompt was "box".  I found this kind of tough, because I just kept thinking of box in the literal sense of the word.  I couldn't think "outside the box"! HA!  HA! HA!  I ended up playing with my new favorite DCWV stack--Burlap Stack.  It's a 6x6 pad of paper-backed burlap and I think it is AWESOME!  So, I decided to stick with my literal translation of "box" and had a party in a box.  Pretty simple for the first week, but hey--I was easing into this weekly challenge.
 
 
The second week word prompt was "STAMP".  I stamped a stamp and used a Fiskars postage stamp  to cut and pop it up after I heat embossed with some sparkly black embossing powder.  This would be a perfect start to a Valentine, but I'm keeping all of these art aMUSEment cards together and want to make a mini-book or slide them all onto a large ring.
 
 
Stay tuned...more cards will be coming up...at least one each week.  Unless I get behind and have to start lumping them together.  But, it's early in 2014 and I am thinking positive that I will be able to maintain a timely schedule. 
 
Have you started something new in 2014?  Do you have a "one little word" to motivate and inspire you?  Please share!
 
~Kelly

Pin It
 

No comments:

Post a Comment