Thursday, August 1, 2013

Be on time...




 
It's August 1st.  How many blogs will start today with, "where has the summer gone"?  I'm going to relish the fact that there is still a whole month (almost a whole month) before it's back to work and school.  Done talking about that non-sense. 
 
So, I showed you this project last week highlighting the Close to My Heart papers and stamps.  It's time for a second look, but this time we are focusing on something else!
 
It's time to focus on these FUN shapes!  I'm very excited to be part of the Linnie Blooms Design Team.  This is my first "official" project, and I used the sun/sunflower, leaves, and butterfly shapes as part of my August shadowbox.   (You can also see the project I posted yesterday that was from the class I took at the  Linnie Blooms store last week).

 

I used Distress Stains to color the butterfly, flower, and leaves; making a puddle of stain on my craft mat, spritzing the puddle with water, and then dipping, folding, and squishing the shapes in the puddle. 
 
I then outlined the shapes with Copic markers.  I love how the Linnie Bloom shapes don't absorb the color uniformly when you use this dip-dye method.  They are naturally inconsistent---just like from nature.


Now, Linnie Blooms has an August "I Spy" game going on.  Keep track of the number of shapes that I used (here is a hint--some of them are double layered--look closely).  And, keep track of the number of shapes you see on each of the Design Team projects at the Linnie Blooms Facebook page all month and you can win a wonderful Linnie Blooms prize package (more info here). 



And, here is me...designer of the week!


Can't wait to see if you win?  Want to get your own Linnie Blooms shapes right now?  SHOP HERE.


~Kelly





Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment