Monday, April 22, 2013

Be the photographer...

 
I am the photographer.
In some cases, I tend to be the pathological picture taker. 
I'm the one saying "Freeze--let me go get my camera." (I still do not have a camera on my phone and am holding out as long as I can).
I'm the one saying, "Everyone--look over here."
I'm the one saying, "Isn't anyone else going to take any pictures?".
 

 
This wasn't a job I requested or ran for. 
I don't even remember how I got appointed for this position.
At some point in my life, I became the one who ALWAYS takes the pictures.
 

My problem is that I have found the world of digital photography to be an overwhelming lifesaver.  I'm thrilled that I don't have to use a whole roll of film to get one good photo of my 4 children anymore, but I now have SO many photos. Good photos. Great photos.


So, sometimes (like today), I am overwhelmed by all of these great photos and can't decide which ones to use on a layout. When looking on scrapbooking sites for inspiration, I rarely find multi-photo layouts.  (I will give two thumbs up to Ali Davis though--she must be the appointed photographer in her family too--and can understand my dilemmas.)

So, sometimes (like today) I decide that I don't want to make any decisions. I don't want to be the one to decide which photos "make the cut". So, today, I used ALL of them.




 

































These may not be the best layouts I have ever done, but they sure make me smile.   Oh, and I even managed to hand the camera over to someone else a couple of times so I could be in the pictures. This rarely happens. 


So, I don't see any of my family or friends taking over the photography duties anytime soon.  But, you know what?  That's ok.  It gives me the chance to step back and see all of the fun, memories, and smiles first and more often... and, that's ok.

~Kelly

Pin It



No comments:

Post a Comment