Monday, September 17, 2012

Whatever is outside the lines...


Do you have a rebellious side?
Me, not so much.
You'll never find me on a bungee jump.
I don't have a need for speed.
While I'm sure the view and the experience is fantastic, I won't be booking any trips to Nepal to climb Mt. Everest.

While others may live for adventure, I let my wild side out while I'm creating. Now, I don't go crazy and shoot color out of a paint gun, roll around with my body covered in paint, or throw knives at paint filled, suspended balloons.

But sometimes, it's nice to break the rules a little bit.
So for these cards, I stamped these images in black (the large botanical image is from Kaisercraft, the sentiments are from Hampton Art), and rather than color them in, I mixed a little water with some colored ink and splattered. Drip, drip, drop!


Now, a kindergarten teacher might encourage you to color in the lines, but me--I'm a paper art rebel. I say "Go for it"!
Look for more watercolor techniques in the next issue of Scrapstreet that will be posted on October 1st.
I'd love to see your watercolor rebellious side!
 

~Kelly


Pin It



 

1 comment:

  1. Kelly, not only did I enjoy your cards, I also enjoy your way with words! You are greatly talented at both. I myself am a rebel when it comes to climbing as high as possible, would bungee jump in an instant if my medical condition allowed so had to do hot air balloon instead, and speed, well you can't go fast enough for me! But when in comes to creative crafting well not so much. That is why I follow/lift your great work! :)

    ReplyDelete