Saturday, December 3, 2011

2 tags from T!m


While some people long for December to listen to Christmas songs (I'm one of those crazies that start doing this on November 1st), or start Christmas shopping, or celebrateAdvent and Jesus' birth, I am  awaiting...Tim Holtz' 12 Tags of Christmas.  I only found this magnificent event last year, but this is his 5th.  I've promised myself that whatever I can get done is great.  Last year, I made 3 tags.  This year, I am already 2 for 2. 

Tim Holtz (www.timholtz.typepad.com) is a magnificent teacher. I love and respect all of the techniques he teaches with his laid back style. But, for me the challenge and the fun comes in trying to re-create what he did with items I have. In this tag below, I don't have the giant reindeer that Tim uses, so I decided to use these 2 small ones.  I improvised with my own stamps, brads, and border punch.  I did pound a nail into my brads like he did to give them that "worn" look.  I did get a little over-zealous with the pounding and pounded all the way through on the first one~oops!



In the "noel" tag at the top, I loved Tim's technique for creating the pinecones.  I cut my own spiral circle using some Paper Shapers from Provocraft. When was the last time you dug those out of the bottom of your drawer?  They give a perfect edge for the pinecone. I added some Stickles and they almost look real. 


 



For greenery, I just started punching and cutting with every punch, die, and stamp I had.  This NOEL tag has become my new favorite.

Noel (Christmas) is coming.  How crafty are you in December?





1 comment:

  1. Awesome tags, Kelly! I refuse spending so much time on a tag, I even don't watch the videos LOL
    You have to try the pinterest. It is addicting but soooo good :)

    ReplyDelete